The maiden ride video for my trike has gone up (https://youtu.be/GFstJ6nenlU) and the camera mount I used was less than satisfactory. Even with image stabilization, the video was very jittery and the audio? Well, that was so bad that I had to use music to cover it all.
At least I know the handlebar mount and adaptor I used were not good enough for the location (the bar on the back of my seat). I have since moved to a helmet-mounted camera and the footage from that is pretty stellar! The audio is good, there is no super-jumpy footage, and you don’t have to look at me on the verge of passing out as I ride around 🙂
I have another video coming up where I explore the neighborhood a bit and then hit the trails at a local park. I did find that the vibrations were bad enough that some of the bolts and nuts vibrated loose and I had to go to the bike shop to get new ones. Locktite it is! I just have to keep an eye on the bits and bobs of the trike as I go forward.
One thing I’ve noticed is that the bike computer, which I got to keep track of mileage, doesn’t connect well. I’m going to see if I can connect it to a front tire instead of the back where it’s too far away to make a good wireless connection.
Until the next ride!